Drop in truck bed liners are an easy way to protect your truck bed from dings and corrosion. Any kind of hauling is a chance to scratch your bed paint and start the downward rust spiral. Use your truck for spray on bedliner and keep it looking good with a bed liner. But why would you choose a drop in liner rather than a spray on liner or some other liner?
Some Advantages Of Drop In Bed Liners
1. Drop in liners are custom made to fit your truck. No “universal fit” liners, but a true custom fit for your model truck. The downside is that older trucks or odd trucks will have no liner available for those models.
2. Plastic liners are thick and very tough, virtually indestructible. Haul most any rough cargo and these liners will stand up to the job. If after much hard use the liner needs replacing, that’s easy to do. In contrast, a spray on liner is “permanent” so if it sustains serious damage it must be repaired since it can’t be replaced.
3. A thick plastic liner cushions the bed from impact damage. What would dent and ding an unprotected bed may do no damage at all to a plastic liner. The thick plastic spreads the load over a larger area and prevents dents.
3. A custom bed liner looks good and maintains it’s good looks over a long time. A bed liner actually can enhance the look of your truck. Change that bland painted look to a cool custom liner look.
4. Works well in any kind of weather. Neither snow, sun, rain or mud will bother this liner. Plus it’s easy to clean with just a quick wash off with a hose. Just make sure the bed drains work so water isn’t trapped under the liner.
5. Cheap is good. Compare a drop in liner to a spray on liner and you’ll usually find the plastic liner is considerably less expensive. Custom liners come in different designs, not all are one piece. Some are made in parts with a bottom piece that’s usually thick rubber and snap in side pieces. Either design is relatively inexpensive and easy to replace when worn and damaged.
Especially if you are looking for a relatively inexpensive bed liner that stands up to the hardest use, a custom drop in bed liner may be the best choice for your truck.