Let’s face the truth about start-up SEO agencies mushrooming in the virtual world every next day. Do your local target prospects even have the minimum knowledge about your identity or existence or your uniqueness? Unless they are aware of these facts, they are not going to become your customers. To get that footage, you need to focus on building your credibility and the easiest route to reach that level is to discovering a need and talk about the solution SEO.
But before you act on this strategy, understand a few major bad routes people take to gaining credibility for their new business.
What not to do?
1) Spamming blogs or forum threads or any other contact forms with advertisements of your services or site links. Just as you treat spam messages, your ad will be treated in the very same way by others.
2) Using LinkedIn as your direct platform of poking every next profile to promote your business. That will be considered as an act of annoyance.
Though most of the people think that these are the two best shortcuts to announce your existence and gaining a lot of instant customers, but studies show that these plans actually backfire more than it works.
What to do?
1. Let your site show that you are an expert in your field. Once your website reflects your up-to-date knowledge about the latest changes in SEO and algorithms, people will automatically take note of it.
2. Work on the look of your website. It should look professional, talk sense, feature flawless content, and do not look like any other run-out-of-the-mill websites. You are different in your field can only be demonstrated through your site. Unfortunately, people often ignore it.
3. Update your best case studies. Otherwise, how your prospect customers will know about your skills and ability? For local agents, a good way to earn a platform is by offering some local news channel or media house free services and asking to get featured in return.
4. Be a SEO blogger. People love to learn new things and by simply blogging your ideas or opinions about the recent developments in the SEO world, you can earn a huge attention of the readers of whom mostly belong to your particular business arena.
5. Another tricky but effective way of building credibility is by manipulating other blogs to feature your site or mention your business in their posts. Make a deal if there is a chance.
6. People adore awards and prizes. So if you have earned any awards so far for providing the best SEO blogger or being the best SMM agent, put that award in your homepage.